Friday, September 5, 2008

Palin makes my head hurt.

I don't pay much attention anymore to what the republicans have to say about my kind.

I fit into basically every box they hate... my politics, my religion, my sexuality, my version of womanhood... they basically hate it all.

So when Palin and McCain began commenting on "Community Organizers", I actually shrugged it off.

Ok. So they got the last category I thought was safe. They caught me. I try to help my community, to make the world a better place from the ground up.

But listening to this clip from Jay Smooth over at Ill Doctrine reminded me how outraged we all should be.

The implication that "Community Organizers" are useless should infuriate us, and only act to strengthen our resolve that grassroots organizations and volunteer efforts are the path towards change. For Palin to shrug off the efforts of American citizens as useless shows what she truely thinks of the people she claims to serve and support.